Wednesday, May 12, 2010

New bikes!

I'm so excited!  Last night I was perusing Craigslist and found 2 bikes for sale, a 12" and a 16".

EXACTLY what I've been looking for and they looked practically new...and the price $30 per bike!

Now some of you may think that's steep and yes, free would've been even better.  But I was stoked as I've been looking at bikes for the kids for the past few months...brand new the cheapest I found was around $60. 

So when these popped up on Craigslist I replied as quick as I could, which was last night.  I received an email back this morning stating that the seller had had 10 replies and when I could I come see them!  So as of 1:30pm today our kids now have their own bikes. 

In return the kids are giving up their bobby's(pacifier) and thumb:-)  [Bobby for the pilot and thumb(just don't ask...it's a long story as to why she even started sucking her thumb in the first place...at 4 1/2) for the princess.]  We have a verbal agreement...any thumb or bobby sucking and no bike the next day.  So we'll see how it goes, so far the pilot is napping sans bobby.  (And yes, it's called a bobby in our house...the princess started calling it that around age 1 and it has stuck.)

So after the bargaining session we revealed their presents...they were SO excited.  They hopped right on for a ride(though the princess had to have help until we can purchase her some training wheels).  The pilot kept saying things like "my bike is like my cousins" and "my bike is a transformer bike"(it's not...it's just blue and plain) and "look, I can ride fast" with a huge grin on his face.   And the princess was excited even though in reality she had really wanted a princess bike(we told her this wasn't going to happen since we want to be able to pass them down).  She just wishes hers had training wheels so she wouldn't need help riding it...that will be solved this afternoon.

Pictures will be following soon.

Want to keep in touch...subscribe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment