Sunday, December 20, 2009

Baking Day...

Today has been a fun baking day for me...but I still have lots left to do.  I've made a hors'deovoures for a wedding I'm going to tomorrow, baked bread for us, made homemade pizza for dinner and am waiting for two cakes to finish right now.  The last three are all gluten/wheat free too!
I really love making bread for us.  And as far as gluten/wheat free bread goes it tastes great(so much better than anything you can buy at the store and costs less too).  I've been trying to get into a routine of baking it about every 2-3 days but keep running out of ingredients.  I have to start planning ahead better.
The pizza turned out much better than my last batch of GF/WF pizza dough so I was happy about that, but will definitely keep working at making it better.  The crust of pizza is my favorite part so I definitely want to work on making a great pizza crust.
The cakes smell delicious!  I found a recipe for GF/WF cake on allrecipes.com and I think it turned out great.  I modified it a bit...added some cocoa powder and a bit more sugar and changed up the flours a bit.  Tomorrow I'll frost them...one for each birthday(the pilot and the princess both have birthdays this week).  If I can do it I'll be doing one with a Cars theme and one with a Princess theme:-)
Well, I need to go to bed...have to be at church earlier than usual and am so thankful that my mother-in-law will be watching my older kids for me in the morning.  It's so much easier to make it places on time when I only have 1 child:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment