Thursday, November 26, 2009

Give Thanks!

It's amazing the power in being thankful.  It can change your life.  So I find it only fitting on Thanksgiving Day to start a list of 1000 gifts.  I joined this Gratitude Community. This article is what started me thinking about a list of gifts...gifts that I have all ready received. 

I have been thinking about the subject of being thankful a lot lately.  I have found on days when I'm in a funk that just starting to name off things I'm thankful for helps to change my attitude.  The Bible tells us to give thanks.  Psalm 92.1 says "It is good to give thanks to the LORD" and 1 Thess. 5.18 says "in everything give thanks".

And so my list begins...
1. The peace that softly falling snow brings.
2. Snow falling.
3. The voices of my kids as they play together in their room, letting their creativity and imaginations run free.
4. The sound of water boiling in my kettle.
5. The smell of cinnamon and cloves.
6. Christmas music
7. My husband-for all he does and is.
8. My sweetly sleeping baby.
9. The amazing view I have from my window as I type
10. Amazing parents and in-laws who are always willing to help out however they can and who love us no matter what.

What are you thankful for?

holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment