Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Time in the Kitchen

So I've been baking/cooking quite a bit recently and wanted to share. 

First off I've now made 3 batches of apple, pear and apple/pear sauce in my crockpot.  SO easy and nothing to watch as it cooks.  I "followed" this recipe loosely.  And the 2nd and 3rd times I skipped the sugar entirely.  It's so good and so easy to make.   The kids eat it up and I've frozen some for baby food for guy smiley.

I've also been baking a wheat/gluten free bread.  It is delicious.  I really like it.  Tastes so good freshly baked or toasted.  The kids also love it.  And it's a bazillion times better than any wheat/gluten free bread you can buy at the store.  I followed this recipe.

Lastly, I made pumpkin pie...and I decided to try a new recipe branching off from the Libby's label recipe(though I actually made one of each and will be doing a taste testing of both tomorrow.)  A friend recommended this recipe.  It was easy to make and just for the record I did not use that pie crust recipe.  I used half butter and half shortening and followed the recipe in the Betty Crocker cookbook making sure to refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes.  I'll give a review later this week.

What have you been baking or cooking lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment