Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Random thoughts...

I just have a bunch of different things running around in my brain. 

1.  I'm still trying to "get my legs under me" with this blog.   I'm not sure the direction I want it to take...if there is one specific one or if it will cover a gamut of topics and subjects based on what I'm thinking about, reading, doing, etc in life.  In reference to the blog I'm also wondering if I should have 1 or 2 days a week that have a theme...as in Thankful Thursday or Healthy Weekends or something...I'm not sure yet...

2. I love listening to my husband interact with my kids.  He is having a sleepover with them tonight and is currently in there discussing Curious George with them.  He is asking all sorts of questions about the episodes and they are calling out the answers.  It's really sweet.  He is amazing with them!  *In fact I was just called in for questioning...the question was "What is the name of the cat on Curious George(the tv show)?"  The answer is Gnocchi for all those curious.*

3. Thankfulness...this topic has been on my mind a lot lately.  There is a lot of power in being thankful.  It can change things...my attitude, the atmosphere in my house, and more.  Lately when I've started feeling down I've started to list off things I'm thankful for.  It doesn't take too long for me to feel much more grateful and content with what I do have.  There is so much more to this...and it doesn't only apply to this time of year.  We need to remember to be thankful at ALL times.  Try it...and let me know how it changes you.

4. How do you overcome a bad case of the "blahs"?  I'm still trying to figure this one out and what works best for me.  I typically turn to food...(great choice huh?) and am needing a new response and something new to do to turn the tide.  I try to remember to try #3  and that usually helps.  I also have been trying to take a few minutes to myself...with no kids around even if it's just going to the bathroom.

5. My destiny...I want to discover this.  I want to discover what it is that I am made to do...and yes, I know it can be more than one thing.  But I want to figure out what it is that I am called to do...what I love to do and what is destined for me to do.  I have a few things here and there that I like, but still haven't found that "love", that passion for something.  A few of the things that I "could" do...chiropractor, nutritionist, midwife, travel journalist, travel tv host(family show would be GREAT!), naturopath...basically things having to do with wellness, family or travel...all 3 combined would be awesome.  So I'm still pursuing finding my passion.

That is a just a few things for now...hopefully this week I will be more focused.

1 comment:

  1. I just "discovered" your blog from We are That Family. Congratulations on your win.

    I understand what you mean about the direction of your blog. Mine is about 4 months old now. I want to keep it simple (some have so much "stuff" on them I can't find the post!)

    But, at the same time, I want it to serve a higher purpose. I have a 20 year old and a 17 year old and can't remember so much of their little antics. This is my journal, so to speak. Time will tell.

    I enjoyed reading yours and will check back.

    The snow is beautiful - if you have time check mine out, we got a little Friday night and for us that is a treasure.

    www.justcallmerie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete