Friday, April 2, 2010

April

Well, it's a new month and I'm starting over(again) with blogging.  It's been almost 2 months since I've posted and I have yet to get better about it...but I am going to start fresh.


Last month I began setting monthly goals(a maximum of 3 as I don't want so many that I keep none of them).  For the month of March my goals were to Meal Plan every payday and go to the library once a week.  I did fairly well.  I have made a meal plan for 2 out of the last 3 paychecks.  And we have made it to the library every week for 3 weeks now, tomorrow will be our 4th week in a row.  And we will continue, though we plan to move it as to coincide with our local Farmer's Market when it opens!

As for April, I have set new goals(and dh has set one with me).  My goals for April are:

1. To start getting up early, before the kids with my end goal being 6am.  I've decided to start with 10 minute increments getting earlier every day to two days.  Today I was out of bed by 6:40am(usually I'm up with the kids around 7:30).

2. To have the kids have two sets of 30 minute by themselves playtimes.  They usually play great anyways, but always want to be where I am(or dh is).  And ask any parent...this gets tiring after a while. Whenever we ask them to stay in their room to play we are usually met with fits, crying and tears.  This is not what I want.  I don't want them to NOT be able to play by themselves.  Not only that, but we find that after having 30 minutes to play alone they behave so much better when they come out.  It's like they needed that time for to be by themselves.  To reach this goal I'm going to start with one 15 minute playtime a day and move up from there.

3.  Last, but not least, dh and I are starting the Primal Blueprint "diet". (To learn more go here.)  I hate the word diet, that is why it is in quotations...it's really a lifestyle change we are embarking on.  We have realized that we really need to cut back on the amount of sugar we have been consuming recently and along with that we'd like to see other changes occur.  I'd like to lose some weight and dh would like to have more energy.  So I'm heading to the grocery store today with these things in mind and after Sunday we will really take off eating Primal.

So as we begin these changes I hope to be faithful about blogging about them.  I'd like to be blogging at least twice a week hopefully more.  And I'd like to pick up where I left off with the 1000 Ways of Gratitude.  I hope to post those on Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment